- 1 apple
- 1 lemon, juiced (optional if bringing on the go)
- 4 - 5 slices of prosciutto
- 1 handful greens, such as arugula, spinach, or mache
- Slice apple and toss with lemon juice to prevent browning if storing for later eating.
- Add a pinch of greens to each apple slice.
- Cut or tear each prosciutto slice in half and wrap around apple slice and greens.
The Snack Attack
Snacks could be one of the most difficult food options to pick. For those of you who have worked with me, you know I’m not a fan of them in general. I subscribe to the philosophy that if you are eating a balanced meal at adequate amounts then you won’t be hungry for 4-5 hours and by that point, it’s time for your next meal.
I find that the main default for snacking is nuts or seeds. They are SO easy to mindlessly eat by the handful and before you know it you’re left with a stomachache. Nuts and seeds are sneaky little things, they are incredibly hard to digest and pack such an intense nutrition punch that they can do more hard than good in the digestive tract when eaten in excess. Read more about the proper portioning for nuts and also get a bomb a** nut butter cookie recipe in this post here.
But what about when the snack attack hits? Because it always does at some point.
I typically eat smaller servings of real meals for snacks (hello leftover magic!) but my next preference is these prosciutto apple wraps. They are 100% easy to make finger food, 100% portable, and 100% delicious!
Try them out and let me know what you think below!